ACPA Midwest encourages the submission of innovative and interactive program proposals for the 2018 ACPA Midwest Regional Conference in Kansas City, Missouri! We invite you to share transformative initiatives, research, and practices with colleagues in the Midwest as we explore Meeting in the Middle: Intersectionality, Student Affairs, and Midwestern Culture.
Program topic ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Social Movements and Activism on Campus
- Intersectionality – The changing trends in diversity and equity in Higher Education
- Midwestern Culture and Values and their impact on Higher Education
- Increasing Access and Opportunity for Students and Colleagues
- Departmental and Cross Campus Collaborations
- Reimagining Theory and Practice
- Self-Care in Student Affairs
- Navigating Organizational Change
- Digital Communication with Student and Colleagues
- Public Policy and Higher Education
Submissions will be accepted until Friday, August 3, 2018, at 5:00pm CST. Acceptance notifications will be emailed by Friday, August 10, 2018.
Submissions will be evaluated on the following: clarity of purpose and learning outcomes; timeliness of the topic; topic’s contribution to creating inclusive campus environments; topic’s adaptability to a variety of institution types of sizes.
To submit a program for consideration, please use this link: Midwest ACPA Ed Session Proposal.
We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Educational Sessions Co-Chairs
Caelee Lehman, Rockhurst University