MoCPA Mission Statement
The mission of the Missouri College Personnel Association (MoCPA), a state affiliate of ACPA College Educators International, is to promote, support, and foster college student learning and development through the generation and dissemination of knowledge, which informs policies, practices and programs for Missouri student affairs professionals and the Missouri higher education community.
MoCPA, as part of ACPA, is founded upon and implements the following core values:
- Education and development of the total student.
- Diversity, multicultural competence and human dignity.
- Inclusiveness in and access to association-wide involvement and decision-making.
- Free and open exchange of ideas in a context of mutual respect.
- Advancement and dissemination of knowledge relevant to college students and their learning, and to the effectiveness of student affairs professionals and their institutions.
- Continuous professional development and personal growth of student affairs professionals.
- Outreach and advocacy on issues of concern to students, student affairs professionals and the higher education community, including affirmative action and other policy issues.
MoCPA Equity & Inclusion Statement
MoCPA actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across intersections of race, age, color, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, family status, disability, body type, marital status, veteran status, or political orientation, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of members, constituent groups, and partners foster a culture of belonging, collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect. MoCPA seeks to empower and engage professionals, scholars, and partners in actions that productively contribute to accomplishing the goals of our association.